Wednesday, July 7, 2010

on the travel blog band wagon

So, as the title indicates, I have started this blog as a means of recording my fall travels in Asia. Seeing as it's July and I'm leaving for the Philippines in September (the 14th to be exact) I may have started this prematurely. However, though I may not be leaving any time soon, I have been preparing for it for the past few months- reading various articles, checking out travel blogs, booking plane tickets (Cebu Pacific Air is AWESOME), frequenting Chinatown Icecream Factory (totally necessary, especially in this ridiculous heatwave)...

It's all a bit overwhelming, to be honest. This may sound like a stupid and very obvious observation, but... Asia is big. That being said, I may be nervous and a wee bit terrified, but my excitement and eagerness to get going definitely overpowers those debbie downer feelings. So, woo Asia! Thus far, I am officially booked for: China (September 21 - October 4, where I plan to visit Shanghai for the World Fair, Nanjing, Xi'an and Beijing) and Japan (October 28 - November 4). Still to be booked: Laos, Cambodia, Thailand, Vietnam, and Malaysia. Yea. Asia is big.

No comments:

Post a Comment