Monday, November 29, 2010

so, about 6 more people in the world have seen me naked.

And I got my butt slapped. And at one point I was blindfolded. No, I wasn't at an orgy or a Marilyn Manson concert (1. I've heard of much worse happening at those shows. 2. Marilyn Manson in the Philippines... that thought just tickles me.). I went to a spa! I'd never been to one before, & upon hearing that, my scandalized Aunt insisted on treating me for a day. Um, AWESOME? I love this woman.

With one of her good friends, Chi Chi, we headed to Antipolo City in the Rizal Province, just east of Manila. The car ride was long-ish because of crawling holiday traffic. (It usually starts in early November here and the large number of cars plus the free-for-all style of driving in the Philippines makes the streets positively frustrating. Think Los Anglese traffic during rush hour. Without lanes.) The spa was quaint & small but efficiently equipped within the limited space. It smelled like tanglad & sweet spices, which had an immediate calming effect on me. We signed up for a package that, for just $23, included a hydro massage, sauna, jacuzzi, black mud wrap, foot spa treatment, full body massage, manicure & pedicure. Pretty awesome, no? All that for $23 is pretty unheard of in the States!

I learned a couple things while at the spa: I'm more ticklish on one side of my body than the other (not telling which side, which is not meant as an invitation to experiment), I have 2 HUGE knots in my back, & foot spa treatments are TOTALLY necessary for life. So, yea. My first experience at a spa was pretty good. My Aunt said she's been to better spas, but as I have no basis for comparison, I remain satisfied. Yay, pampering!

No comments:

Post a Comment