Monday, January 3, 2011

happy new year!

Hello! So, I've neglected this blog because of busyness, laziness & the lack of foreign adventures to write about. But, I've since decided to try to continue the blog anyway. I mean, I may not be in Asia, but San Jose, California is arguably a strange, strange land in it's own way. I shall prove this point in later posts.


I've been back for almost a month. While I miss Asia terribly, home has been delightful & I love being here. I've fallen into the old routine of college winter breaks- seeing friends, eating too much at dinner because my mom RULES at cooking, being too loud & rowdy in public with high school pals, etc. As the time approaches for the new semester or quarter to start for colleges, I'm starting to feel restless & pulled in the north eastern direction. I have to keep reminding myself that I graduated last year. I really do feel like I just graduated all over again though. Done with school. No job. No set direction. Panic. Calm. Panic. Calm. CalmPANICcalmmmmmm.


I've been applying to jobs, feeling the deja vu of the summer. Hopefully a job opportunity will come sooner this time around. It's been rough. While I haven't been receiving outright rejections, the silence & unanswered resumes can be just as painful & frustrating. Job/employment/work gods, please give me a break. I swear I'm nice. And if you could widen the interview/call back pool to include more than just marketing firms, I would be much obliged.

Also, to HR people out there: IT IS NOT APPROPRIATE TO ASK OUT AN APPLICANT. That's just gross.

No comments:

Post a Comment