Wednesday, April 27, 2011

los angeles.


Spent Easter weekend in Los Angeles with my mum's side of the fam bam. The trip was lovely and lively and awesome. Summary in pictures:

LOOK AT THAT FACE.


Gen, Maggie and I spent an entire day together, geeking out over art supplies. (I love that everyone in my family is creative & artsy.) We started by venturing to downtown LA, which, while a bit run down, is developing into a pretty cool area of shops & eateries. First stop: Michael Levine's for fabric, yarn, etc. I bought material for a skirt, which I made, and which I will post about later.

Took a break from art supply shopping for lunch & then dessert at the Nickel Diner, famous for it's maple bacon donuts and their red velvet cake. Their secret: Whoppers in the icing. Surprisingly good! Then, stopped at a bead shop.

Mr. W & Captain. NOM NOM.

Spice Rack: the BEST PLACE EVER. The walls are lined with jars of various spices and sugars and teas... oh it's amazing.

Taco Zone: BEST TACO TRUCK. Get in the zone: TACO ZONE. The line was snaking into the adjacent parking lot within 30 minutes of it opening.


Gen and I went to Ikea to buy materials for her craft fairs. In addition to materials, we discovered that on Easter, Ikea has egg hunts throughout the store! AWESOME.


MY MUM IS CUTER THAN YOUR MUM.


Easter spread:
Crab claws
Sauteed Chinese broccoli
Spicy BBQ ribs
Traditional pancit noodles
Coconut baked salmon
Wild rice pilaf
Honey baked ham
Mango salad
Pasta salad
Normal salad (lame!).
& Lemongrass lemonade.
Mmmm!

Celebrating birthdays! My mum's, my aunt's and my dad's! Maggie baked an awesome red velvet cake.

I was frying spring rolls and used the pot lid as a shield from the hot oil. I'm a thinker. And the cat was watching cards go by. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment