Wednesday, April 6, 2011

what 18 days in ny look like.

Belated, I know, but here are some photos and captions to briefly, very briefly, recap my visit in NY in February:



First: a welcome back dance party in my old apartment! A hopping, flailing, spazzing, pop-and-locking dance party. :)

Spending the afternoon eating and catching up with my best lovelies, friends since freshman year. Regrettably, Katie is missing from the photo. Along with Margaux. WOMP.


Spent the day with this redhead wandering & being silly in Central Park & the Museum of Natural History. We stomped through snow slush & made voices/sounds/noises for skeletons, ending the day at Shake Shack. Woo!

My lovely hosts! We all made Valentine's dinner: bruschetta chicken by Alex, sauteed vegetables by Bobby, and funfetti cookies by me! My dish was easily the best...



The blue skies & snow of the Bronx.

Homemade dinner with high school besties! Menu: Tilapia fillets cooked in a lemon, butter, caper sauce; cauliflower sauteed in sugar & butter; home baked bread; french l'onion soup; baked potatoes; chocolate tarts with freshly whipped cream & raspberries. AWESOME.



When the weather was gorgeous, Alex and I went on city adventures!


A visit to Webster Hall for dancing!


Lovely people, lovely times. & an ADORABLE dog.

Bananagrams: the ultimate game of letters, addiction and procrastination. I lost count of how many games I played during my stay... It is likely an ungodly number. BUT SO MUCH FUN.



Hidden messages in the Strand & a mural of clowns in SoHo.


Last night in the Bronx: a concert at my old college haunt Rodrigue's Coffee House, featuring Penrose and TJ Kong & the Atomic Bomb! Followed by an after party of dancing & Das Ding!



Ended my trip in beautiful Astoria, Queens, staying with Andrew & my best pal Steve. A robot wandering the sidewalk wished me safe travels.

And after all that, I decided to move back to New York. It's funny, because during my last months as a senior, and even a few months post-grad, I was so strongly opposed to the idea of living there after college, wishing to discover a new niche for myself in the world. But I've missed NY more that I thought I would during our year of separation. So I'm moving back. Not permanently, because I still want to live in so many different cities (Chiang Mai, Thailand, Austin, TX, etc.) but for now, NY, I have my eyes set on you. And I'll see you in May.

No comments:

Post a Comment