Thursday, September 16, 2010

jet lag, you are so lame.

So I woke up this morning feeling a bit off, but I couldn't quite place what was the matter. I felt sluggish, my head was swimming, my eyes hurt, and my joints ached. The morning was spent in a sort of physical funk that started affecting the rest of my being and it was only a by the afternoon that I managed to mobilize and get a move on. I dragged myself out of my aunt's condo, thinking that the fresh air would do me good and that all I needed was a distraction to perk up. JKLOL.

I am jet lagged and my body is having difficulty adjusting to being here. Sometimes the answer, my usual answer, to jet lag is to carry on and ignore it- it'll go away eventually and sometimes it helps to psyche yourself out of it. Other times, like now, it is best to just mellow and relax. I've never had this problem before when I've traveled in the past, so I was completely surprised when I started to feel faint and a bit sick while walking outside. Boo. So I'm back in the condo and I don't intend to leave for the rest of the day, or at least until I feel a bit better. Don't worry though! I'm quite all right. I just need some time to adjust to things. So I shall mellow, drink some green tea and plan for the upcoming countries, which is something that I need to do anyway.

This disconnect between my mind and body is really something to experience though. My head, ignoring the occasional moment of, "Uhh I'm in Asia? Oh I'm in Asia!", has pretty much settled into this new environment, but my body is confused and keeps protesting the time difference and the change in lifestyle. And there will be moments, like now, where my body feels ready to collapse in sleep, but my head is chipper and recognizes the afternoon sunlight outside. I should do yoga. That will probably help. I tried meditating yesterday, but I only ended up falling asleep, which didn't help my efforts to adjust my sleep cycle. So yoga it is. And if you, dear reader, do not practice yoga and/or have not tried it, you should!! Yoga is absolutely lovely and healthy, and I can't thank my sister enough for introducing me to it. It can do wonders for you, if you let it.

And that being said, I'm off to do some yoga. Namaste.

P.S. I guess I broke my promise of a more interesting blog post. To make up for it:

MARCEL THE SHELL WITH SHOES ON from Dean Fleischer-Camp on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment