Thursday, September 23, 2010

shanghai. is. awesome.

This will be a short post as my time on the internet is limited, but I just wanted to say that SHANGHAI RULES MY FACE OFF & I LOVE IT. Seriously. This place is great! I know, I know, I've only been here 2 days, how could that be possible. We barely know each other. My relationship with Shanghai hasn't been long enough to call it love. But I am in love. It may be unrequited (Shanghai probably has higher standards than me) but it's still love.

Shanghai is truly a city of lights. I think it's completely necessary for any visitor of the city to take a tour of it at night time. Everything is bright and colorful! It's amazing! And it's not cheesy or gross like how Times Square can be sometimes. Shanghai manages to make the bright lights and neon colors classy. Good for you, Shanghai. I spent all day at the World Expo today, and I sat for a better part of the evening on some stone steps that overlooked the Huangpu river. And then I was dazzled. I mean, the previous night I went to the Bund to check out the views and those buildings were lit up as well, but the view from those stone steps... oh man. So beautiful. Even the boats were dressed up in their best lights! From cop boats, to personal boats, to huge liners, they were all dolled up in colored twinklers, matching the scene on the other side of the river. And the bridges changed colors too!

But anyway. I have to cut this short. My internet time is running out and I need to get some rest. I'm planning on hitting the Spain, Belgium, Denmark and Sweden pavilions tomorrow. I'm gonna need my strength. Goodnight, world!

2 comments:

  1. Pictures or it didn't happen. But sounds pretty cool... I guess :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so cool! It makes me so happy to know you're out there remembering/seeing how crazy-beautiful the world is! (like that Kirsten Dunst movie I've admittedly seen more than once...)

    ReplyDelete