Saturday, October 30, 2010

first impressions of japan.

This post has to be brief as I have to get up super early tomorrow and my aunt is asleep and I don't want to risk waking her. Here is a list of first thoughts (and in some cases questions) on Japan that I've been keeping. I will explain and get into more detail later, I promise!

1. How many Japanese school girls can you fit into an elevator?
2. How many times can said Japanese girls apologize for fitting themselves into said elevator?
3. Vending machines. For everything. Literally. Even ties.
4. Well-dressed men. On bikes! In suits! Holding umbrellas! Asian Don Drapers everywhere!
5. CLEAN.
6. Everyone & everything has a purpose. If he/she/it doesn't, he/she/it is not real. Or should be destroyed. By Godzilla.
7. FOOD. OMG. SO. GOOD.
8. Quiet, soft spoken, polite.
9. Awesome trains.
10. Everything in moderation.
11. Gardens & parks = A-MAZING.
12. Simple & elegant aesthetics.

Like I said, I'll get into more detail later. PROMISE. Trust me, I am dying to write about and share Japan with you! I've only been here a day and a half and I'm already in love!!! (Once again, sorry, Alex. At least it's a country?)

Infinitelove. From JAPAN.

No comments:

Post a Comment